Sunday, February 26, 2012

This is my fifth science project. It is about light and prisms. Enjoy!

Objective: To observe properties of light. 
Procedure: 
1. Get a prism and some cardboard.
2. Set the prism on the cardboard and put it in a lit window. Record observations.
3. Go into a dark room.
4. Shine a light on the prism and record your observations.
Data:
Sunlight:
I see the colors red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet, and some undefined colors.
LED flashlight:
The light is less pure than than the sunlight. I see the colors red, orange, tan, and blue.


Iridescent flashlight:


I see the colors redorange, yellow, and tan.


Xenon flashlight:


I see the colors red, yellowgreenblue, and violet.


The sunlight was the most spectacular and the other weren't as bright.






1 comment:

  1. Wow Aaron! You worked so hard on this... and the photos of the prism are really neat. Great work!

    ReplyDelete