Monday, August 1, 2011

Prototype Lego Space Robot

Today I made a robot. It was a very good robot, but I took it apart anyway. Why? Well, the whole reason I made the robot was because I stumbled across a contest on my favorite Lego website challenging Lego users to make an interesting Lego NXT space robot. Of course, the challenge had a judging criteria. Unfortunately, my robot didn’t fit the bill. But I did learn some design techniques in the process of building it. Like the simplest designs sometimes work the best. And that if your robot is too heavy, it moves very slowly. So now I’m going to look at some real space probe pictures and see if they inspire me in any way.

2 comments:

  1. Well written! I can't wait to see what you build next. It's too bad you didn't take a picture of your first attempt because it was pretty cool. It mixed infra-red remote controlled motors with NXT sensors and motors and had tall, skinny wagon-style wheels with rubber tread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What changes is-you get better all the time.
    Not only an architect and an engineer but also a builder.
    Best of all I like reading about what you're
    up to.
    Doug

    ReplyDelete