Monday, October 10, 2011

A Dis Poem

Here is the poem and simile for today. This time it is a dis poem. Dis means away. Enjoy!
The distasteful monster
Disassembled the student roster,
Feeding it to a rooster,
Who quite distastefully said,
“I think I’ll have to go straight to bed,
Then jump up and down, and sit on my head,
And (I’ll bet that everyone will disagree),
I’ll go to get stung by a bee!
To fix the wound I’ll have to buy,
A lot of bandages and ribbons to dispose of the sting and say goodbye!”
To be distasteful is like throwing a hammer at your dog.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Aaron,
    I enjoyed your dis poem and the frog poem. Perhaps you should consider being a sports writer, here's why: This morning I read the headline about the
    Detroit Tiger's victory in Game 5 of baseball's ALCS series against the Texas Rangers and it sounded cool just like your poem, here it is:
    DENTED TIGERS CUT DAUNTING DEFICIT
    Some of the Detroit News sports writers sound like poets. They get a lot of feeling from the words they use to descibe a game. Maybe you should use cool words to describe your hockey games.

    Hugs,
    Great Aunt Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron -
    I just read your 'Aunt Penny The Great's' comment and I Fully Agree with her!
    Writing descriptions of your hockey games - or swimming - would be so
    fun to read. Please give it a try.
    This 'dis' one was clever and funny; especially that last line.... euw....

    ReplyDelete