Monday, April 16, 2012

This is my tenth science project. It is about acids and bases.


Objective: 
Observe what happens when combining an acid with a base and a base with an acid.
Predictions:
I predict that if you add a pink liquid to a green liquid, the liquid will turn purple.
I do not think that a pink liquid will turn green if a green liquid is added.
I do not think that a green liquid will turn pink if a pink liquid is added.
Observations:




Results:
When I added a pink liquid to a green liquid, I got a purple bubbling liquid.
When I added a green liquid to a pink liquid, I got a purple bubbling liquid.
When I continued to add the green liquids to the pink liquids, I got a purple bubbling liquid.
Conclusion: When you add a base to an acid or an acid to a base, you will get a purple bubbly liquid because of the acid canceling out the base and a chemical reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment