Saturday, April 7, 2012

This is eight science project. It is about describing chemical reactions.


Objective: To observe changes that occur in some substances when they undergo chemical reactions.
Procedure:
1. Describe the four mysterious substances on the table.
2. Write hypotheses and observations of combining substances.


Summary: 
Mystery liquids revealed: A= lemon juice, B= vinegar, C= milk D= baking soda and water 
Lemon juice does not react with vinegar.
Lemon juice reacts with milk.
Lemon juice reacts with baking soda and water.
Vinegar reacts with milk.
Vinegar reacts with baking soda and water.
Milk does not react with baking soda and water.
Analysis:
When lemon juice was added to vinegar, it did not have a reaction. But when lemon juice was added to baking soda and water, it had a reaction.
Lemon juice and milk reacted similarly to vinegar and milk. They both became filled with particles.
Lemon juice and baking soda and water reacted similarly to vinegar and baking soda and water. They both bubbled.


Conclusion: My guesses were mostly right, although two were wrong and one surprised me a lot. The one that surprised me was the milk and the baking soda and water. My guesses had been getting more accurate as the experiment progressed and I thought  the milk and the baking soda and water would produce a reaction. When I discovered I was wrong, I tried to find some way to make it so I was right. Eventually, I realized there was no way to change the way things were, and I gave in and wrote it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment