Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Wheelchair

My wheelchair goes really fast! I found that out at the MDA Clinic. 

While I was zooming about a room that could fit four elephants in it and happily saying "Yay!", Sarah decided that it might be a good idea to chase me around a exercise box that might cut my flesh like an alligator if I ran into it. We ran happily around while playing a fast game of Catch The Thief. I was the thief and Sarah was the police woman. Driving my wheelchair was like driving a racecar!
I mischievously was still planning my escape when I crashed into a punching bag. I was confused. "Oops! Who put that there!", I said to myself. Sarah laughed so much she fell on the floor. "I guess I wasn't paying attention!"I said. Sarah laughed even more. When I was ready to drive again Sarah chased me around with the punching bag in her arms. She was  now a police woman with a bomb! She said "I'm gonna get you!" I said "No you're not!". We chased each other until we had to leave the clinic. 

While I was in the wheelchair and Sarah was chasing me, I felt like my terrible, no good, bad disease had gone away. Do you know how it felt? If not, imagine yourself dying. Now, imagine yourself healing in a second. That's how it felt! We left the MDA Clinic laughing hysterically. 

Ya' know, wheelchairs are pretty nice once you've been in one. I mean, it's kind of like an electric car for kids!

6 comments:

  1. Grandma in Florida says:
    That's a great story, Aaron. I could just see you racing around the clinic! Such fun to be able to go fast whenever you want! I hope you will have lots of fun in the future doing the many things that you enjoy. You're the smartest boy I know. Love and hugs from Grandma Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aaron, I can just imagine you and Sarah whipping around that big room. It's fun to laugh so much when you're having that much fun. Good job in discussing the pandemonium you and Sarah created at the clinic.

    Barb, Doug's wife

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaron. Thanks for telling me about your blog. You are one amazing fellow.
    I just met you today in person at the County Rec Center. You made me smile with your comment about how most of the friends you meet, you meet 'by accident'. We should all be so lucky.
    Take Care. Stu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Aaron. You wrote that story so well I felt I was standing in the room watching you and Sarah, and I could almost hear you two laughing. I'm so happy you have a chair that fits you and is fun, too. I can't wait to read of your next adventure.
    XO Gma Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Aaron,
    You have a wonderful way with words. I could see you guys in my mind while I was reading your story. I can't wait for your next one.
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds wonderful, Aaron. Your writing is really evocative.

    I've been wanting to ask you a Lego question. How would you build a minifigure-scale grocery cart?

    Happy belated birthday, as well!

    ReplyDelete