Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Vacation to Grandma Sue's House

Six days ago my parents went camping with Sarah. I, on the other hand, got to stay at my grandma's house with some cousins. I was sad that I wasn't going camping, but glad that I wasn't going to be a bug buffet. I was also nervous. Would my cousins be a pain or not?

Thursday, July 2011
After unloading my bed, my suitcase and other stuff, I met my cousins, Anna (7), Brooke (4), Dillon (a baby), as well as Grandpa Don, Grandma Sue, Uncle Chris, Aunt Michelle, and Uncle Mike. Then we all went outside in the front yard to play with a remote controlled car I had brought along. I was nervous that something bad might happen. Something bad had always happened in past visits to Grandma's house.

 The front yard looks like this: Standing near the garage door, a small garden with a gate is on your right, with a start of a forest and barn farther from the house. On the left are a group of trees. In front of you there is some blacktop, a small playground, and a gravel driveway. Anyway, I was driving my remote controlled car around on the gravel at really high speeds and doing all kinds of stunts, which really impressed everyone, so they all wanted to try driving it. It made me feel happy, excited, and proud that I was making people impressed. I gave the controller to Grandpa, Uncle Chris, and Uncle Mike, who promptly started to chase me with it. It was so funny to watch that everyone burst out laughing including me! I felt safer now that nobody was teasing me, but laughing because of me!

After all that we decided to go to the McVeigh's pool. I felt excited that we were going swimming. I could show off my swimming skills! Their pool is outside and is surrounded by forest and it's also bordered by a dark, wooden fence. We splashed around for 2 to 3 hours. I'm happy and proud that I got splashed the most.  Then we went back to Grandma's house where we took showers, ate dinner, and went to bed. It made me feel safe, comfortable, and relieved that nothing bad happened that day.

Friday, July 2011
I couldn't sleep last night! I rolled all over my bed and used all the tricks I knew, but I couldn't sleep no matter what. Around 10 P.M. (I was really tired by then) I drank some milk and went to the bathroom. "Zzzzzz!"

This morning I used the computer and had some spicy eggs. I had some tooth money and I spent the morning figuring out what I would do with it. I was too tired to go to the pool so I spent the day on my computer and on my erector set.

Grandma has an erector set she got for me years ago in her basement, so she brought it up to see if I liked it. I liked it, but I wanted to do more with the motor that came with it, so I built a device vibrated when you held it and it felt nice, so I built a massaging device. Then I made a mistake and set it down while it was still on, and it moved all over the table. I though "Maybe it could move a small boat!", so I built a vibrating boat. By the time I finished my boat it was time to go to bed.

Saturday, July 2011
I got Anna and Brook interested in Lego's, so we went to the store and got some. With my tooth money I got the girls a "Cars 2" kit and Grandma got me a log cabin. The girls liked the kit they got but were amazed with my log cabin. They patiently watched me build it. It made me so happy to see them interested in Lego's! Then we went to the pool and put my boat in. It made the whole pool vibrate! "Wow!" I thought, "What if people made real boats like this?" 

Afterwards we played with the car and went to bed.

Sunday, July 2011
This morning I went to the pool and Uncle Chris did some special things for me. First he picked me up so high my feet weren't touching the ground and set me half way up the slide and I slid down it. "Splash!" Next he grabbed me, sat me on the end of the diving board, and pushed me off! "Whee! Splash!" I landed on my belly which made everyone laugh, which made me feel good! Then I went to the movies! We saw Robyn there and watched "Mr. Poppers Penguins." It was so funny! Imagine a lawyer with a penguin. Now multiply it by six! Also it was Brook's fifth birthday today! It was a huge party! Afterwards I went home. I felt relieved to be in a quiet place where I could clear up my massive headache, but I dreaded going back to work the next day, as well as writing this stupid report…! 

1 comment:

  1. Aaron, I'm so happy you had a good time during your stay with us and had an opportunity to get to know your Canadian cousins. I learned a lot about you, how to work your special chair, heard lots of amazing and silly stories and best of all, got to hug you lots! We hope you'll come again, especially while the McVeigh's pool is open - and bring your sister! Loves, Gma Sue

    ReplyDelete