Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Pyramid Power

We ( Me, Mom, and Sarah) are working on Egyptian projects. I decided to make a hollow Lego pyramid, a Lego sphinx, and a Lego river with a crocodile. I will focus on the pyramid in this post. 

We had brought home a book of Egyptian projects and were leafing through it when we suddenly stumbled on a page labeled "Pyramid Power". It talked about  how if you wore a paper pyramid on your head, it could help keep you healthy and if you slept wearing it, it could make you smarter. We wanted to see if a Lego pyramid could make pennies cleaner, so I built a Lego pyramid and Mom put  pennies in it. I wanted to see if the pennies really got brighter or if it was a trick of the mind, so I set up a control pile outside of the pyramid. The results: the pennies in the pyramid didn't get brighter. 

I wonder if the pyramid will make me smarter overnight…. I'll have to put it on my head to find out!



1 comment:

  1. Maybe you needed to wait longer. The pyramids have stood for thousands of years. Maybe in a few thousand years your pennies would be brighter. I can't wait to find out. hmm hm hm hmmm. Can we check now? hmm hm hm. How about now? Can I borrow 36 cents?

    ReplyDelete